Kuau Bayview Annual Report 2018
Although 2018 was very quiet in terms of HOA business, there were some noteworthy occurrences:
- The Department of Transport had everyone up in arms with their plan to build the Paia Bypass along the Poni Place route that would bring it much too close to Kuau Bayview. SSFM, who conducted the EIS, held a special meeting for Kuau Bayview at Heritage Hall on April 6, 2018 at which we expressed our adamant refusal to accept that route in favor of the Kala/Sunnyside Road route.
- Maui Paving LLC spent Feb to Aug repaving Hana Hwy from Paia town to Hookipa using our front entrance as home base. While they did a good job on the highway, having an outhouse on Lae St for 6 months did not add to KB's curb appeal.
- On July 22, 2018 a woman who fell asleep at the wheel crashed her car into our Paia-side front garden shoving one of the large boulders into the rock wall and taking out a 25 foot fan palm tree.
- On July 27, 2018 a drunk driver took out our brand new stop sign at Lae St & Hana Hwy.
- 2018 was a record year for house sales in KB with 7 houses sold.
- 2018 was also a record year for highest sale price when Lot 80 sold in June for a million dollars.
- From July to September A&B installed cattle fencing along the east and south boundaries of Kuau Bayview. There will be 10 paddocks with beef cattle (steers) rotated from paddock to paddock to even out the grazing.