Latest News at Kuau Bayview at Paia
- 2018 was a record year for house sales in KB with 6 houses sold already by July and a 7th currently for sale (Lot 29 at 6 Hoe Place).
- On July 22, 2018 a woman who fell asleep at the wheel crashed her car into our Paia-side front garden shoving one of the large boulders into the rock wall and taking out a 25 foot fan palm tree.
- On July 27, 2018 a drunk driver took out our brand new stop sign at Lae St & Hana Hwy.
- 2018 was also a record year for highest sale price when Lot 80 sold in June for a million dollars.
- From July to September A&B installed cattle fencing along the east and south boundaries of Kuau Bayview. There will be 10 paddocks with beef cattle (steers) rotated from paddock to paddock to even out the grazing.
- REMINDER: Please slow down when driving in Kuau Bayview for the sake of pets, children, and owners of pets & children who worry when they hear a vehicle approaching. People with no children (myself included) often don't realize how speeds that seem slow to us may cause others to worry. Let's all be more mindful in the hood and slow down! Mahalo. :)
- MP Paving was supposed to vacuum Lae St and clean up their mess when the Hana Hwy paving project was done, but they did not. It took two days to do it by hand.
- Changing the parking in Paia town from diagonal to parallel striping seems to have ameliorated the traffic problem enough that the Paia Bypass has ceased to be a pressing issue.
- We had a Water Department worker check the water pressure in Kuau Bayview. It was almost 100 psi at several houses. The pressure for residential houses should be between 50 and 60 psi. Apparently the pressure reducers installed when the houses were built wear out after 20 years such that the water now flows through at full pressure. This can cause pipes and water heaters to burst. You can buy a pressure gauge for about $10 at Home Depot to test your pressure by screwing it onto your hose bib. A pressure reducer costs about $83 at Home Depot.
Reporting Streetlight Outages
You can now report faulty street lights online by clicking here. You can still report any streetlight or utility pole problems by calling the MECO Trouble Line at 871-9777.
Hawaii Energy Rebates
The Refrigerator Trade-Up offer gives you a $150 rebate for purchasing a new, ENERGY STAR® refrigerator and for trading in your old but operational one.
2018 Annual Meeting
Paia Community Center
Thurs, Nov 15, 2018
Please submit your proxy even if you plan to attend the meeting to ensure a quorum.
2018 Maintenance Fees
All owners are paid in full except Lot 35 Bouchers.
Finances & Records
Current financials are available under the Finance menu. KB is in such great shape that we were able to lower the fees 35% for 2018 and may be able to lower them again in 2020 if sales stay up and expenses stay down.